Store Manager - Talent Pool
This job has been closed.
Location: Various Stores across Surrey
Contracted Hours Available: up to 42.5 hours per week
Please note: This is not a live vacancy but a talent pool for future roles
Store Managers are responsible for the success and profitability of our stores. Working on a busy shop floor, our SM’s take responsibility of store colleagues, ensuring they provide great customer service and that all customers feel welcomed ad supported.
- Monitoring financial performance of the store through analysis of sales, cash and stock data to support commercial decision making.
- Accountable and responsible for the day-to-day operation of the store;
- Ensuring that all planned corporate activity is delivered on time and to Company standards;
- Communicating effectively and regularly with all of the team to keep them informed and updated;
- Managing the performance of all store colleagues – good and bad;
- Driving a culture of excellent customer service that ensures each customer celebrates all their life moments at Card Factory;
- Promoting a work environment where all store colleagues feel positively engaged with working for Card Factory;
- Recruiting, developing and retaining store colleagues that reflect Card Factory values and behaviours;
- Managing sales vs store budgets by making the right and commercial decisions;
- Knowing where to find information, understanding it and analysing it to help you effectively manage your stores performance;
- Delivering and maintaining excellent standards in the front and back of house;
- Ensuring store colleagues comply with all Company Policies and Procedures;
- Driving compliance on BOB (communications platform) and the completion of all administration tasks;
- Positively managing customer queries and complaints to drive customer loyalty;
- Ensuring the effective management of stock and auto-replenishment;
- Maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating store colleagues to meet or exceed these targets;
- Recognising a good job;
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation;
- Building strong relationships with the Support Centre to effectively deal with matters promptly;
- Using of the online rota system to ensure the store has the right people in the right place at the right time being mindful of the hours’ budget;
- Ensure all colleagues understand what is expected of them and how they contribute to the success of the store;
The Ideal Candidate
• Can do attitude;
• Commercial awareness;
• Proficient IT skills;
• Numerical skills;
• Verbal and written communication skills;
• Team working skills;
• Organisational skills;
About The Company
As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
What’s in it for you?
- 15% staff discount
- Mycardfactory – discounts on everything from holidays to shopping, to mobile phone contracts
- Save As You Earn schemes, save directly from your salary
- At least 28 day’s holiday, including bank holidays
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Workplace Pension
- Card Factory Foundation (our charity)
- Bonus Scheme
- Loyalty awards (length of service awards)
- Excellent development opportunities via our internal Acardemy programme
- Recognition via our Store Manager of the year & Flitter Awards
- Cycle to Work scheme
*Please note due to insurance purposes candidates have to be over the age of 16 to work at Card Factory.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.