This job has been closed.
Location: birstall leeds
Contracted Hours Available: 24
We are passionate about celebrating our customers’ life moments and are now looking for an Assistant Store Manager to join our very successful Card Factory family to help fulfil this.
As an Assistant Store Manager you will assist the Store Manager with managing the store on a daily basis, coaching and developing the team to ensure high standards of customer service are maintained, ensuring that excellent store standards are kept whilst adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- Directly support Management in achieving budget target sales, ensuring excellent customer service is provided by all staff members
- Actively support, develop and train the team of colleagues to feel ‘our values’ to ensure we are helping each customer celebrate their life moments to the highest standard
- Have the ability to step up into the Store Manager role should the need arise
- Continually improve store standards by ensuring the store is merchandised to Company guidelines and stock management is maintained
The Ideal Candidate
Are we right for you?
We are Grafters at Card Factory, and we really do earn the title! The pace is fast, our standards are high and we’re proud of it! We work very hard to meet the needs of our loyal customers. We understand work – life balance and can offer flexible arrangements to suit both you and the business in certain areas.
Are you right for us?
The role requires someone who likes to be busy, can multitask and embraces change. Above all, you’ll be a talented Assistant Store Manager or have strong supervisory experience who can inspire the team to be the best they can be and deliver outstanding customer service.
About The Company
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving.
That’s why we can offer job security and great career progression. Growing all the time, we’re in a position to provide local people with local jobs and deliver quality products at affordable prices in the heart of towns and cities.
As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
What’s in it for you?
- 15% staff discount
- Mycardfactory – discounts on everything from holidays to shopping, to mobile phone contracts
- Save As You Earn schemes, save directly from your salary
- At least 28 day’s holiday, including bank holidays
- Employee Assistant Programme
- Workplace Pension
- Card Factory Foundation (our charity)
- Loyalty awards (length of service awards)
- Excellent development opportunities via our internal Acardemy programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
*Please note due to insurance purposes candidates have to be over the age of 16 to work at Card Factory.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.