The job has expired.
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
We are recruiting an Online Merchandiser as part of the growing online trading team. We’ve invested in a new Salesforce ecommerce system and are now building the trading team to maximize this potential. Come & join the team responsible for the product, presentation, promotions and activity calendar for the website. Whether it be Party & Balloons, Cards & Gifts or Key events there’s always something new exciting to work on.
- Management and execution of the digital trading calendar for Cardfactory.co.uk. Working with content, buying, supply and marketing teams to plan and execute the trading activity across the website (homepage, category pages etc)
- Responsible for the merchandising of all products including
- Descriptions, images, content and taxonomy
- Creating landing pages, category pages and competition pages
- Testing new promotions, codes and uploads
- Optimise customer journeys through to sales, specifically:
- Homepage / category / product pages (onsite promotional plan)
- Nominate products or themes for email campaigns based on merchandising performance
- Review and optimisation of search results
- Customer reviews
- Work with the marketing team on visual design/content and create landing pages for campaign and SEO purposes
- Define and implement a cross-sell / up-sell programme onsite
- Review and share trading performance with teams across the business including:
- Sales, stock, fastest/slowing sales line
- Re-order/replenishment for non-personalised products
- Forecasting sales for seasonal / events
- Review and share market and competitor information
- Track and document competitor trading and marketing activity (new ranges, homepage promotions, email, campaigns, promotional etc)
- New or enhanced digital experiences
- Market activity / new entrants
- Work closely with partner teams to drive sales growth including design, marketing, analytics, fulfilment/supply chain, development
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have proven skills and experience in a online/ecommerce merchandising role;
- Ideally has experience of Salesforce platform;
- Good understanding of digital merchandising principles and consumer buying behaviour;
- Good knowledge of web analytics solutions (Google), Excel and Powerpoint;
- Commercially driven and sales orientated;
- Analytical and with good reporting skills;
- Self-starter, driven and keen to be part of a small and growing team;
- Exceptional eye to detail (creative, content);
- An interest in digital / ecommerce technology and digital trends;
- Sense of humour is advantageous!
About The Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.