Purchase Ledger Clerk (Fixed term contract)
This job has been closed.
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Card Factory plc is the UK’s number one retailer of greeting cards, wrap and gifts, selling a third of all cards in the UK. Since our beginnings in 1997, our disruptive business model has fuelled organic growth to over 1,000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years – with more opening all the time.
Card Factory focuses on the value and mid-market segments of the UK’s large greeting card market. Our scale and vertically integrated business model (in-house design team, print facilities, central warehousing and retail operations) differentiate us from competitors through price and quality. We enjoy impressive brand equity with UK shoppers.
We are also developing new routes to market for our products in the UK and overseas. These rapid growth areas include franchise operations and wholesale agreements with major retailers in the UK and Australia.
Scope and purpose of the role
We are well-placed to take advantage of continued growth opportunities in the UK and overseas. We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join us as our journey continues. The core objectives of the role will be to maintain accurate financial records of the purchase ledger system
This position is for a 6 months Fixed Term Contract, based at Wakefield HQ and remote working.
- Matching, batching and coding a high volume of invoices.
- Processing, scanning and indexing of invoices (3rd party, ico) and cash expenses.
- Creating and verifying new supplier accounts.
- Supplier reconciliations (using Excel).
- Dealing with queries (internally and externally) – phone and email.
- Ad-hoc duties to assist the Finance Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in Purchase Ledger or a similar role;
- Be used to processing high volumes of invoices;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong level of computer literacy - Microsoft Excel and Outlook are essential;
- Strong communication and relationship building skills;
- Good Self-starter and ability to meet deadlines;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Open Accounts (desirable although not essential);
- Take ownership and responsibility.
About The Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Visit our website to see the products we sell at https://www.cardfactory.co.uk/
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.