Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a technology-enabled Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our business with a number of opportunities available to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey.
The Legal Counsel will be responsible for building relationships with colleagues across the Card Factory business to encourage early consultation and provide legal advice to support the business pursue its strategic priorities. Provision of practical and commercial legal advice, supporting the business to mitigate risk and improve efficiency.
Legal advice will be required on a diverse range of disciplines, including commercial contracts, intellectual property, marketing and advertising standards, GDPR and data protection, employment advice, regulatory compliance, mitigation of disputes, company secretarial (primarily for subsidiaries) and engagement of external legal advisors, as required.
- Provision of commercial legal advice to stakeholders across the business and support negotiations with third parties.
- Business partnering with colleagues across the business to act as the first-line consultant on a range of enquiries.
- Developing and provision of training to colleagues (e.g. contract basics, legal compliance, whistleblowing, anti-bribery etc.)
- Support developing commercial propositions for new business areas and development of standard form contracts and related documents and training.
- Identify and support mitigation of business risks.
- Working closely with the General Counsel on identifying and prioritising opportunities to improve compliance and minimising risk across the business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Solicitor qualified in England and Wales (indicative 2 to 4 years PQE)
- Relevant experience in-house or with a reputable commercial law firm
- Experience in all areas of legal advice not necessary but the successful candidate should be prepared to develop their expertise through on-the-job research and advice. The role will not include advice on real property.
This role is flexible in terms of location and whilst there is no formal requirement to be office-based, attendance will be required at times as dictated by the needs of the project(s) or the function. The jobholder must maintain confidentiality and respect of personal information at all times due to the nature of the work.
About The Company
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial well-being.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public/bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Visit our website to see the products we sell at https://www.cardfactory.co.uk/
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies, please.