The job has expired.
Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greetings cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a technology-enabled Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our IT team with a number of opportunities available to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our IT and digital journey. Our vertically integrated business will provide candidates the opportunity to work across multiple technology disciplines and to provide innovation for the next phase of our growth. If you are passionate about technology and how that can deliver real business value, now is the time to join Card Factory and be part of our exciting journey!
The PMO Coordinator will provide project management support for a portfolio of projects, identified as part of the organisations plans. This will include the involvement of all planning activities, risks and issues management, change control, document and configuration management, monitoring and coordinating tasks, negotiating and conflict management, and representing the Head of Business Transformation where necessary.
The PMO Coordinator’s prime responsibility is to ensure that together with the Head of Business Transformation, assigned projects produce the required deliverables within the defined quality, time, and cost constraints. This should be achieved by appropriate adherence to Card Factory standard project management methodology (e.g. PRINCE2) and best practice within the profession, involving the production of plans, documentation, and guidance for project teams throughout the project lifecycle and ensuring all organisational procedures are adhered to.
The PMO Coordinator role is a varied role and appropriate for someone who has worked in project management, planning or support, with responsibilities for tasks and projects within the portfolio. The ideal candidate will provide analysis that underpins decisions, offers guidance and advice on project processes, manages our weekly and monthly report cycles, and maintains financial controls within their program of work.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Must have a clear understanding of the Software Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Must have worked in a Prince2 environment or similar
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong track record of successfully controlling and delivering a number of projects in a complex retail business.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and within a project office environment
- Experience with supplier management.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Organised and methodical
- Experience of being involved in complex projects or change programmes.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and manage frequent interruptions
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in verbal, written, or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure, ever-changing work environment
- Clear communication skills – written and oral at all levels
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A positive outlook, ensuring that we deploy a “can do” attitude to clients and colleagues, treating everyone with respect.
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- General business awareness: empathising with the priorities and needs of a range of functional business groups. Understanding the subtleties and constraints they work under and tailoring our response to them.
- A people person, and a strong team player.
- Bright, enthusiastic, and ambitious, you’ll take a firm hold of the opportunities this role will give you to develop your career.
- Retail knowledge.
- Presentation skills.
- Six Sigma/ISO/CMMi
- Process analysis and documentation
- Able to influence and negotiate with people at all levels
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and MS Project
- Recognised project management methodology
- Previous retail experience
About The Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.