Junior Commercial Finance Analyst
This job has been closed.
A superb role within the Finance function at Card Factory, market leader in Cards and Gifts
In this newly created role, you will work closely with the retail partnerships team (a priority growth area of the business) as their data analyst. This would comprise supporting the team with the financial reporting of performance, as well as other areas of financial analysis (proposal support, budgeting, periodic performance reviews etc.) enabling colleagues to make informed business decisions and providing our customers with the data they require.
Once settled into the role, you would also have the opportunity to pursue a professional qualification with the support (financial and otherwise) of Card Factory.
About Card Factory
Card Factory plc is the UK’s number one retailer of greeting cards, wrap and gifts, selling a third of all cards in the UK through retail and wholesale channels.
Since we set out in 1997, our disruptive business model has fuelled organic growth to over 1,000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years – with more new openings planned following encouraging sales performance post-lockdown.
In addition to our comprehensive store estate, we also serve smaller territories through franchise arrangements, and supply cards into other domestic and international retailers, including Aldi, Matalan and The Reject Shop (Australia).
Growth of this Retail Partnerships (wholesale) division, both domestically and internationally, forms a key part of our recently refreshed strategy, with our ambitions illustrated by recent investment in the team, including a new Director.
You will be a key point of contact for the following:
You will be responsible for developing our existing reporting capabilities, handling specific requests from key stakeholders, whilst also having the opportunity to identify and introduce improvements.
- Financial analysis
You will support the finance business partner with financial analysis requirements (e.g. new business appraisals, budgeting and contract performance reviews).
- Supporting the transition to Power BI
You will support the business with the migration of Retail Partnership reporting to Power BI. This will include planning for the transition and testing process/integration.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong academics including an undergraduate degree (2:1 or better) in a relevant area (e.g. data analysis)
- Excellent analytical and Microsoft Excel skills, and a desire to proactively adopt and use business insight platforms such as Power BI.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, Microsoft Excel Power Query is preferable
- Proactive and takes pride in output/robustness of the financial analysis
- Passionate about being part of a culture where continuous improvement is delivered
- The tenacity to work through details and deliver rigorous and meaningful insight
- Ability to illustrate agility in flexing work plan according to priorities and deadlines
- Intellectual curiosity to understand the financial and non-financial drivers of the business
- Desire to personally and professionally develop through personal development programmes and a professional accounting qualification (optional and subject to discussion)
About The Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.